Sunday 6 February 2011

A trip to Borough Market.

A casual Saturday trip to our favorite London Market.

I wore my favorite JAG jeans that I bought in Melbourne in January, striped cardigan from Primark, Racer Back Vest Top from Cotton On and Ballet Flats from Primark (the infamous £4 flats!)


With a coffee in hand, I was set to go. I can't wear nail polish at the moment as my cuticles are all cracked and gross due to the very cold weather. I can't wait to get a proper manicure soon so I can go back to pink nails again!


With a Diet Coke at the ready, Mr SE3 is rocking out in a pair of American Eagle jeans, Hollister Top and Faux Timberland boots (Thank you Big W).


Borough Market was already very busy by the time we go there. I had originally planned to walk via The Globe pub as I wanted to take some photos there. It is, after all, the home of Bridget Jones, but we were running late to meet a friend and didn't have enough time.


The first stall we stopped at was serving all types of curries and stews. I couldn't eat this particular dish as I am allergic to shellfish. I stopped and savored the smell though and our friend bought a dish and said it was amazing.


I don't like meringues but I did like this fanciful arrangement at one of the bakery stalls.


After a few hours walking around the riverbank, shopping the stalls and chatting away, I bought a (plastic) glass of Rose Prosecco and with that, Mr SE3 and I headed back to the house in the suburbs.


4 comments:

  1. I love markets, super cheap but comfy flats and a glass of prosecco at the end of a busy day.

    I was almost there.

    Thanks for the photos.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're in london!! Markets are so interesting & I've been on the look out for interesting ones here and there. Welcome to the blogging world!! Looking forward to seeing more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those markets look awesome, I might check them out this weekend. Which part of London are they in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSG - I agree, markets are amazing! I'm yet to even scratch the surface of the London market scene so there will be lots more market posts in the future.

    Joey - Thank you for your comment! Yes, I'm in London. I have been living here for almost four years now.

    Wanderlust - Borough Markets are right next to London Bridge station and they are held on Thursday through Saturday, although I think Friday is the best day to go. I'd love to hear what you think of them when/if you go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...