Thursday 3 February 2011

The five commandments of winter fashion.

This post is totally tongue-in-cheek, of course but we can all take a few tips from these five commandments as written on the tube, where I love to watch people transporting their way through Central London.

1. Thou shall not wear their ugg boots as a substitute for real shoes unless one is popping 'round the corner to buy milk. The same rules apply to tracksuit pants.

2. If one insists on wearing flat shoes for travel, make it a stylish pair of riding boots. No shiny vinyl hooker boots, please!

3. Thou shalt always remember to always wear a splash of colour. Blacks and browns are popular in winter fashion but something as simple as a bright scarf, hat or jacket can instantly brighten up your day.

4. Do not think that the cold weather will allow you to sleep in for an extra fifteen minutes and scrimp time on your beauty regime. If you want to luxuriate in bed, set your alarm 30 minutes earlier and do so. (I am so guilty of this!)

5. Thou shalt dry-clean heavy use jackets at least once a month. There is nothing worse than a skanky, smelly overcoat.

It's so hard to look stylish in winter, with all the heavy coats, gloves, scarves and hats. I raise my glass to any woman who manages to tame winter fashion.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, those are great commandments! I saw you joined 20sb, so I thought I'd stop in and say hi. It looks like you're going to have a really great blog!

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound advice indeed!

    Summer isn't all that much better though :-P

    It's impossible to look polished in this heat. I am cheating by tying my hair up and pinning back the dodgy sections so it at least looks sort of sleek. Also embracing colourful necklaces and getting into heavy duty combination sun screen, moisturizer and long lasting coverage products.

    Have a great weekend, Stylish!

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha thanks for the tips! love your blog background, by the way - so my style : )

    found you via 20sb and i'm glad i did! i'm your newest follower!

    til next time,
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney - Thanks for your comment! I've not had a chance to check out 20SB properly yet, but I'll be checking you out ASAP!

    SSG - I found it really hard when I was back in Sydney for two weeks after Christmas with the heat but grateful for maxi-dresses and having a short haircut!

    Cailen - Thanks for your comment and your follow! I'll be sure to check out your blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...